Ludington Lakestride 5K, 10K & Half Marathon
June 13, 2020 moved to a Virtual Event
The Ludington Lakestride is held on one of the most beautiful and scenic courses in Michigan, attracting 800-1,000 runners from around the state and beyond.
Because of health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus, the 2020 Lakestride races will be a virtual event. For updates and registration/participation details see Ludington Lakestride.
The Lakestride main event on Saturday is actually three races: the 5K run which winds its way through Cartier Park, the 10K which runs out to Decker Road and back, and the Half-Marathon. Here runners start on pavement, then enter the Ludington State Park and make their way over a sand dune. The Lake Michigan setting just adds to the beauty of this race. Race Bags are available to the first 600 registered runners. This years bags will contain a water bottle, coupons to area businesses, door magnets, pens, pencils, snack bars, lip balm, other area race events, etc.
Ludington is one of the most popular tourist cities in Michigan, thanks to our beaches, lighthouses, State Park, and events like the Lakestride Half Marathon. Below you can find specific information about the three races:
Half Marathon- 8am; 5K- 8:10am; 10K- 8:15am
All races start in front of Nader’s Motel on Lakeshore Dr.
Packet Pick-up/Late Registration
- Friday, 5-8pm - Lakestride Race Central at the center of Stearns Park Beach
- Saturday, 7-8am - Lakestride Race Central at the center of Stearns Park Beach
- Top 3 males/females of each age group
- 5k and 10k awards will be given out at the finish line following the conclusion of the race
- Half Marathon awards will be given at approximately 11am
- All runners who finish will receive a finisher’s medal specific to the race entered
- Top three overall in each event will also receive a beautiful finished plaque with scenes of Ludington taken by professional photographer Rob Alway
About the Ludington Lakestride
It began in 1980, and 38 years later, the Ludington Lakestride Half Marathon is stronger than ever. Typically held the second Saturday of June before the summer heat, the one-mile fun run begins Friday at 6pm. Starting line is on the west end of Ludington Avenue in a half mile "out-and-back" run to the Marina Park Playground. This portion of the event is free and there is no pre-registration necessary.